View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Low Skilled to High Skilled Worker 

Hi Mr. Milorad,

I watched your video 10 times and felt great after hearing your presentation, with a thousand likes I believe you have touch a thousand lives with your information and helped them with their perspective.

I am a Mechanical Engineer which specializes HVAC systems in Power Plant, Mining and High Rise buildings sector.
My High School teacher offered me to work in Canada via low skilled classification which is a farm worker. I haven't see my LMO and Job Contract however, I am eager to work in Canada to search for a greener pasteur.

Since work permits is per employer, I plan to leave my employer after 6 mos and search for a job related to my expertise. My concern is this "Is it possible in any way to shift to another employer B without employer A filing a case to me? does "im not happy with my job is enough? I plan to shift directly to employer B, i will need new work permit but do I still need to have new LMO?
with new LMO and work permit for employer B how long it will take to start the job? Can I start working with employer B while waiting for the release of LMO and apply for new work permit?

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:22 pm

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you found the video useful.

Here is the situation:

1) You can start looking for the second employer right away,

2) Your second employer can secure LMO for you the same way the first employer did (actually there is no rule which says only one employer can apply for an LMO for one person, in fact employers even don't have to name the foreign worker when they submit their LMO application - they can provide that information later, once LMO is approved). When employers look for an LMO they are saying they did their best but they could not fill a particular POSITION, this is about a vacant position, not about foreign worker(s),

3) You are free to leave your employer A and start working for employer B at any time (after you secure LMO and a new work permit), there is no need for any explanations as far as Service Canada or CIC is concerned,

4) Now it gets even better: you can hold two valid work permits at the same time - yes one can ask how can one work on two full time jobs at the same time, however your first work permit will be valid until expires and you can still work for the first employer if you choose to do so (after you secure second work permit).

Your first work permit will be employer specific which means you cannot start working for the employer B until your employer B gets an LMO for you and until you obtain new work permit for the employer B. The whole process may take around 4 months (one month to advertise the job and another 2-3 for Service Canada to process LMO application. If you come from a country that does not require temporary resident visa you can apply for your second work permit at the Canadian border (port of entry).

I hope this information will be useful to you.

Best regards,

Milorad

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]